Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Sittin' on Top of the World

Giving that we currently live in Nosara, CR - a true surfer's paradise - one would assume that the title of this entry refers to catching a sweet wave. However, I write today from the 20th story penthouse of a downtown Panama City apartment building. We are on vacation with our friends the Tuttons and have scored a little urban paradise for 3 nights.

For those who have been to Hong Kong, the vision of Panama City will bring back a flood of memories. As I look out, I am surrounded by twenty to forty story buildings, many of them white apartment buildings and a few glass and steel skyscrapers. Only one or two are in and of themselves architecturally interesting, but the whole combobulation of them together is a man-made feast for the eyes.

Off to my right (the west) sits the Pacific Ocean and a tidy looking marina. I can see a few ships, presumably waiting their turn to enter the canal. 

From below, comes the sound of a hundred car horns and squealing bus brakes. 

This place is a vast change from the dust roads, howler monkeys, and pounding surf of Nosara.

Photos to come.

Jery & Tara

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tara it was really great to read your blog. Miss you and actually think about you lots! Hope you are having fun in your travels! I was having a hard day the other day and was in a yoga class doing navasana, when I was reminded of your description of the pose. Not only did it help me in the pose, but also with the rest of the day. I'm keeping my boat afloat today, thanks to you.
Namaste!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home